2. General Terms
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Century Financial Consultancy L.L.C
6th Floor, Building 4,
Emaar Square, Downtown,
Dubai P.O. Box 65777,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Toll-Free: 800-2368879 (CENTURY)
Fax: +971 (4) 355 4630
3. What Information Do We Collect and How?
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary for our activities and to provide high-quality individualized products and services.
Your “personal data” means any information about you that you have given to us, or third parties, in connection with a service or product offered whether through use of this web site, by phone, in person or in writing.
The data we use about you may either be directly provided by you or be obtained from other third-party sources to verify or enrich our databases. The types of personal data that we may collect from you, includes:
- identification information (e.g., name, ID card and passport numbers, nationality, place and date of birth, gender, photograph, IP address);
- contact information (e.g., postal address and e-mail address, phone number);
- family situation (e.g., marital status, number of children);
- education and employment information (e.g., level of education, employment, employer’s name);
- banking, financial and transactional data (e.g., bank account details, credit card number, money transfers);
- information related to your digital activities (e.g., IP address, browsing activity, geolocation etc.)
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to navigate away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- data relating to your habits and preferences:
- data which relate to your use of our products and services in relation with banking, financial and transactional data;
- data from your interactions with us: our branches (contact reports), our internet websites, our apps, our social media pages, meeting, call, chat, email, interview, phone conversation;
- data concerning your hobbies and your interests
- publications/databases made available by official authorities
- our corporate clients or service providers;
- websites/social media pages containing information made public by you (e.g., your own website or social media); and databases made available either through various third parties like business partners, business affiliates or authorised sub-contractors, marketing and advertising agencies and search information providers etc.
4. Use of your information
- To comply with various legal and regulatory obligations (e.g., anti-money laundering laws, financial services laws, commercial companies’ law, privacy laws ad tax laws).
- To manage your account. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the services that are available to you as a user.
- To provide and maintain our products and services including to:
- provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- assist you and answer your requests;
- evaluate if we can offer you a product or service and under which conditions; tend and manage your requests made to us and
- to monitor the usage of our services by you
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or any other relevant forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- We may also use your personal data as an asset and which may be transferred in case of any discussions or decision-making process of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or any other such sale or transfer, wherein either all or part of our assets are included, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- Your personal data and information may also be utilized for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to valuate and improve our services, marketing and your experience.
- The information you supply may be used either by us and/or our affiliates, sub-contractors and carefully selected third parties for research purposes or to inform you of other products or services that may be of interest to you, unless you have advised us otherwise. Every time we contact you for these purposes, you will have the opportunity to opt out of all subsequent communications. If you would like to provide your contact information and do not wish to receive marketing information or participate in our surveys, please contact us.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of your Information
- Your information including personal data will be processed at Century’s operating offices and elsewhere, where the parties involved in the processing may be located. This means that your personal data and related information may be transferred to and stored/maintained on computers located outside of your country or your place of temporary or permanent residence and hence the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction or your place of origin or residence.
- Except as specified in this Policy, Century does not release your personal information to third parties. Non-affiliated companies that conduct support services for your account or assist your transactions with Century, including those who give professional, legal, or accounting advice to Century, are examples of third-party disclosures. Non-affiliated firms who help us provide services to you are obligated to keep your personal information confidential to the extent they receive it and to use it only in the course of providing those services and for the purposes specified by Century. We may anonymously collect data on client's trades and disclose it to third parties.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to fulfil your instructions or pursuant to your expressed consent. We want you to know that Century will not sell your personal information.
- We may also share your information to the regulatory authorities where we are required or permitted to do so by law. In line with any legal or regulatory requirement we may transfer your information to other countries including those located outside the United Arab Emirates. To help prevent crime we may:
- share information about you with other organizations and public bodies including the police;
- check your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases. In case of false or inaccurate information and basis our suspicion of fraud, we may record this with fraud prevention agencies;
- search records held by fraud prevention and credit agencies to help make decisions about credit services for you and members of your household;
- trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies;
- check your identity to prevent money laundering;
- undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
- Your personal data may be used by us during our staff training and/or system testing as we are always trying to improve the quality of our service and the efficiency of our systems
6. Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
7. Your rights in relation to your personal data
The rights mentioned hereunder are subject to the provisions under The UAE Federal Decree Law (45) of 2021 on Personal Data Protection (“the Law”), therefore they only apply to you in the circumstances/manner as per the Law and to the extent specified under the Law:
- Right to access information: You have the right to access the information we hold about you relating to your personal data. You can request to access this information for free from us. We will, however, need 30 working days to process this request if it is simple in nature any requests with additional complexity and that which poses additional technical challenges for us will take a reasonably longer time.
- Right to rectification: In case of any changes in the personal data provided by you to us we request you to notify us about these changes so that we can keep our records up to date. In case of any inaccurate or incomplete information that we hold about you, you may write to us to rectify or complete it on the following email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to erasure of personal data: In the following situations, you can request that your personal data be deleted:
- if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected;
- if you decide to withdraw your consent;
- if you object to the processing of your personal data or that we do not have a legitimate ground to continue holding or processing your personal data.
- if such erasure request is in conflict with any data retention laws or regulations applicable to us or
- if this request affects any investigations, claim or defence of rights and legal actions with respect to us or
- any other cases as may be specified under the UAE decree law on personal data protection and their executive regulations.
- Right to Objection of processing: You have the right to request us to stop processing your personal data and we shall be obliged to do so only under the following circumstances:
- when we are relying either on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests and there is something about your situation which compels you to object to processing on this ground as you feel it has an impact on any of your fundamental rights unless we can provide a compelling legal basis for the processing;
- if you no longer want us to process your personal data for direct marketing purpose
- Right to restriction: You can request us to block, restrict or suspend the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If you want us to verify the accuracy of your data and hence request such a restriction on processing for a limited period only until the accuracy has been verified;
- you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- when you need us to store your personal data even after we no longer need it because you need it to make, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- Right in case of automated processing: You have the right to object any decision that relies only on automated processing, including profiling, that has legal repercussions for you or other significantly negative effects, and demand that the decision be manually reviewed. However, this right is not applicable if such a decision is required for the execution or implementation of the agreement between you and us.
- Right to request personal data portability: You have the right to request us for transfer of your personal data to a third-party. We may provide to you or a specified third-party your personal data in a structured, generally accepted, machine-readable manner and this right pertains to automated information only and not to hard copies.
8. Your Consent
9. Protection of Your Data
We are obligated to protect the privacy of the personal data and information that we receive from you. We continue to apply industry and information security best practices to protect your data and related personal information and prevent unauthorized access. Countermeasures include encryption of data in transit, strong authentication mechanisms, cybersecurity processes, and secure access to machines and data. We train employees who handle personal data to respect the confidentiality of customer data and the privacy of individuals.
10. Use of your Personal Data Submitted to other Websites
11. Withdrawal of Consent
Your consent provided to us for the use of your personal data can be revoked at any time. If you would want to do so, kindly contact us at email@example.com.
Please also note if you choose to do this, we might no longer be able to deliver the information, services, and/or products you have requested, and shall not be held responsible for the same.
12. Further Information/Queries
Century Financial, 6th Floor, Emaar Square, Downtown, Dubai, UAE.